Monday, October 20, 2008

Fall Weekend Fun

This weekend was a good one. We started it out by enjoying my birthday present that Adam got for me. Two tickets to Phantom of the Opera at the Spokane Opera House. It was a lot of fun to get dressed up and see the show. Adam didn't know the story line so I had to explain to him a lot of the plot since it was kind of hard to hear what they were saying. I don't know if the music was too loud for the actors or is it was just hard to understand them through their accents. But the music was amazing and the Phantom had an awesome voice. Although, I have to say that Gerard Butler from the movie is hard to compete with since he is so beautiful.
Then on Saturday we went to Pullman and saw the WSU vs. USC game which was a disaster. Our poor team has a new coach this year, is trying to rebuild and had to hold try-outs for a quarterback since all of our other quarterbacks are injured. It hasn't been a good season. We have only won one game against Portland State (not in our division) and were shut-out this weekend by USC 69-0, the first shut-out in 290 games (over 24 years)! So sad isn't it. But it was fun to go to the game with friends and check out the newly renovated CUB (which is overrated, I liked the old smelling CUB better).














I also got my new camera this week and was able to take some good photos of us at the game.













I really like this one of Brian and Andy. And here is the new jumbo screen that they put in the stadium. It shows a really nice picture, I just wish it had a better score to show.
Most of our entertainment came from these five guys that were standing in front of us. They were the only guys standing in our whole section and they stood the whole time. One guy (far left) looked like he hadn't taken a shower for a week and was getting really upset about the game. I don't know what he expected going to cheer on the cougars playing USC in our worst season in history but he was very passionate. I tried to get a video but they left at half-time. This other guy (brown cords) was dancing around and shimmied his butt the whole time. It was kind of weird. All in all an interesting, non-showering, group of WSU gentlemen.

On Sunday, Adam and I took Izzy to Riverside State Park and walked around the Bowl and Pitcher part of the park. It was so beautiful. I got lots of good pictures which I will post later because right now I have to get ready for work. But it was a great weekend and I enjoyed spending time with my friends in Pullman. It would have felt like old times if our football team actually did any good.

No comments: