Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow Day!!!

At least for Adam it was. I had to walk to work. Another downfall of living close to work. It started snowing around 7:00 wednesday morning and finally stopped tonight around 4:00. But, actually I think it is snowing again right now as I am looking out the window. But here are a few pictures of the snow.

This is a picture of our table and chair set on our porch wednesday night. Measuring about 12 inches...

Here is a picture of the same set Thursday morning around 7:00, measuring 22 inches.

This is the latest picture from tonight around 6:30 measuring between 25 and 26 inches. Crazy huh!! I had to walk to work today because there still hasn't been a plow on our road so instead of getting stuck like everyone else in Spokane I decided to walk. Izzy and Adam were nice enough to walk with me. Izzy really loves the snow. She loves bounding through it like a rabbit. With how deep it is she gets lost easily in the white. Good thing she is a black lab.
Since the last time I wrote we have put christmas light up on our house and also our Christmas tree up. Our house looks really cool. I thought I would show a picture of the house before and after now so you can see just how much there really is. Here is the before...
Oh, so pretty right! And the after...
I guess I sang "White Christmas" a few too many times because it's here! Snow, snow, snow and more snow. I will leave you with a picture of our beautiful tree and don't worry about us, we are warm and safe.
Especially since we got our fireplace working in our living room. I love it, it is so cozy!

Merry Christmas everyone!! Hope you have fun and safe holiday!

3 comments:

Rhonda Barnes said...

WOW WOW that is a ton of snow. I heard on the TV that it is 16 below in Omak. Hope your folks are warm!! Have fun in all that stuff. Love ya Mom

Anonymous said...

I heard Spokane was hit again with a big snowstorm. I don't think you guys have had a break since you posted this message. We've had a lot of snow here & I'm so tired of shoveling but I make myself feel better thinking I'm glad I don't live in Spokane. My dad was telling me one year Moscow had 100 inches in January and he had to shovel 3 times a day. I hope your January isn't going to be like that. Just keep thinking of Hawaii! We're feeling sorry for you and all of your snow!

Natalie said...

Crazy crazy snow!!! I was feeling really smug a few weeks ago that I wasn't living in Spokane this year with all the snow... but now not so smug. We have ridiculously cold weather here in Iowa now... -24 with a high of -8. I'd take 2 feet of snow any day!!!