Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Whole New Life

So, I am kind of getting a start to a whole new life. The old life consisted of living in an apartment and driving 45 minutes (at least) each way to work and spending lots and lots of money on gas. Not only that but I worked in another state which required me to pay state income tax which really sucks by the way. I have recently had a job promotion to manage my own pharmacy which gives me the opportunity to work 2 miles from home. And better yet it is in the same state so not only do I save lots and lots of money on gas and state income tax but I can also walk or ride my bike to work (I am trying to talk my husband into letting me get a little Vespa scooter to drive to work). We have also recently found a house on the market that more than fits our needs and is a great price for the location. I tell ya, the slump in the housing market sure has blessed us. So we are moving into our first home in about a month. I am so excited! We have lots of plans to paint the rooms lots of cool colors and put new carpet upstairs and we are very excited to get started! How long does closing take anyway? Can't those people just get out of our house already, sheesh?!

So lots and lots going on but lots and lots of good things. And a puppy will be joining our family as soon as possible!

1 comment:

shauna said...

I am so slow commenting on your posts. So excited about your new house. You'll have to post pictures of it!