Thursday, July 24, 2008

Our Trip To Oregon

Every year Adam and I take a trip to Seaside, Oregon. It is actually a tradition that was started by my friend Tara's family and they were kind enough to take me on their spring break trip one year in college. I loved it so much that I decided to continue the tradition with my own family. This year instead of just Adam and I going by ourselves we invited my parents and my sister Denise. It was a lot of fun spending time with them in one of our favorite places. They had never been so we showed them all the fun things to do in Seaside including the arcade, flying kites, and riding the sand bikes. Mom took a turn on the sand bikes and after a tough start on the sand she got going and was riding all over the beach.

We went to breakfast at Pig N' Pancake, our favorite breakfast place in Seaside, and I happened to see Shannon my roommate from college and her family. How random is that? It happened to be their last day in Seaside and our first so it was good that we got to see each other before they left. I got a picture of Shannon and I in Pig 'N Pancake but sadly I lost that camera on the beach so I dont have it to share with everyone. Bummer. It was a great trip anyway.

2 comments:

tara said...

it is so crazy to see that many people on the beach. i'm so used to going when its freezing and only the crazy wsu spring breakers are there. i'm so glad you got to take your family for the first time. i didn't realize that. you're great. i hope you had as much fun as i always do. well, not anymore i guess...the family is currently dispersed to the four winds. it was fun while it lasted though!

Rhonda Barnes said...

What a trip to remember!!! Thanks for letting your old folks tag along!!! yes it is a great tradition! love always mom