Saturday, January 26, 2008

Why the title?

So I figured I should probably explain why I titled my blog "That's Me!!". Well, it is because that is the phrase I say the most at work. I guess to the world I am a young pharmacist. Everytime I answer the phone, talk to someone in the store or whatever, people say, "actually I want to talk to the pharmacist" and I say "That's me!". And then there is an uncomfortable pause on the phone or they say "Oh, I didn't realize, you sound so young." Or if I am talking to the person in person they say, "Oh, you look too young to the the pharmacist", "How old are you?!!", or my favorite one yet, "You can't be more than 18 years old". First off, it is really not that hard to believe that I am a pharmacist. I graduated when I was 17, almost 18, years old...pharmacy school is 7 years...that means I was 24 when I graduated and I am now 25. What do you expect when you see a pharmacist, some old guy behind the counter?? One thing is for sure though, since I am the only woman pharmacist at the store I work at I am the one who gets to talk to all the women about vaginal dryness and anything else that goes on down south for us women. Ain't I the lucky one.

5 comments:

erin said...

You are one smokin' pharmacist! I'll bet it's awesome to be able to tell everyone that yep, you are the top dawg!

shauna said...

So you're the go-to girl for vaginal dryness. I'll have to remember that. :) You're going to have some great stories--I can tell already!

Kapuananiokalaniakea said...

Welcome to the writing world. So glad you jumped in. Can't wait to hear your stories.
Sooo glad to have found someone with whom to discuss vaginal dryness! Life is good.

jason said...

If I have anything going on down there I will give you a call. I will also be sure to throw in a "actually I wanted to talk to the old guy behind the counter...you know the pharmacist!"
I am laughing right now. Ha!Ha!Ha!

Rhonda Barnes said...

Jen my professional rx doc. It is a good thing you are in the family for 2 reasons: one, you can explain what drugs we need for what(especially in our older age) and number two....how to help, well you know, hummmmmmmm love mom